Audio Precision APx515B
The B Series APx515 is a performance audio analyzer optimized for production test. It is a best-in-class instrument, offering a powerful combination of speed, performance, automation, reliability and ease-of-use.
The B Series APx515 can make all key audio measurements in less than three seconds. Despite its low cost, APx515B still has excellent performance, with a typical THD+N of –106 dB, 1.2M point FFTs and up to 216k digital I/O, as well as the one-click automation and ease-of-use of all APx B Series audio analyzers. Like all AP instruments, APx515B comes with an ISO:17025 Accredited Calibration and three-year warranty, so its results are trusted everywhere.
The B Series APx515 operates either as a stand-alone test unit with its own user interface, or it can be controlled by a master .NET or LabVIEW application. In either case, an operator can control the APx515 with a keyboard, foot switch or barcode scanner, or the system can be totally automated. Switchers and external devices such as pass/fail lights are also supported.
Residual THD+N (20 kHz BW)
–102 dB + 1.4 µV
Typical <–106 dB (1 kHz, 2.0 V)
Sine Frequency Range
2 Hz to 80.1 kHz
IMD Test Signals
SMPTE, MOD, DFD
Maximum Amplitude (balanced)
Flatness (5 Hz–20 kHz)
Analog Output Configurations
unbalanced, balanced, common mode
Digital Output Sampling Rate
27 kS/s to 200 kS/s
27 kS/s to 108 kS/s Optical
Dolby / dts Generator
Yes (encoded file)
Maximum Rated Input Voltage
IMD Measurement Capability
SMPTE, MOD, DFD
Amplitude Accuracy (1 kHz)
Amplitude Flatness (10 Hz–20 kHz)
Residual Input Noise (20 kHz BW)
Individual Harmonic Analyzer
Max FFT Length
DC Voltage Measurement
• Microsoft Windows 10, or Windows 8, 64-bit operating systems.
• PC with 2 GHz or faster multi-core processor (2 or more cores)
Note: the Intel Atom dual-core processor does not have sufficient performance to run APx software.
• 2 GB or more RAM (4 GB or more recommended for Windows 8).
• More detailed information is available on our AP Software and Windows Compatibility chart
• System performance is sensitive to processor speed; faster processors will yield faster results.
• APx500 is data intensive and it is recommended that other data-intensive applications not be run concurrently. This includes Audio Precision AP2700, APWIN or ATS.